laugardagur, júní 23, 2007

7oi - Album for free on MySpace


What says 7oi on his MySpace and on Iceland Airwaves website:
Jói. (\701 is the digitalization of my name)
I was born and raised in Ísafjörður, where I also made my first steps in music. It started around 1995 when my parents gave me a programmable keyboard. From there I moved on to a computer about a year later, using various small programs to construct small songs. Since the year 2000 I’ve made three albums, which I released by myself. The last one, “Þið eruð ekki að taka mig nógu bókstaflega” is the only one currently available through www.smekkleysa.net. My fourth album is in the works and is planned for release in the UK soon. I’m currently studying music composition at the Iceland academy of the arts.
As an electronic musician, I enjoy the various strange noises I can squeeze out of my equipment. I love making the noises fight each other and work together, to stack them up and strip them down, speed them up or screw up their rhythm. But those noises can never replace a good melody. Melodies are the most important in music. What’s a song without a good melody?
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2013856286
Yup, a video


www.myspace.com/7oi

Engin ummæli: