föstudagur, október 30, 2009

Ólöf Arnalds releases "Við og Við" Album in the USA on 17. November 2009 - Second Album "Ókídókí" finished

Ólöf Arnalds Releases Debut Album in the USA
Folk singer Ólöf Arnalds will be releasing her first US release "Við og Við" through One Little Indian on 17. November. This album was produced by Kjartan Sveinsson of Sigur Rós fame.
There will be 2 performances: the opening of the Roni Horn Retrospective @ the Whitney Museum of American Art on 6. November where Ólöf performs with Kjartan Sveinsson of Sigur Rós & Rockwood Music Hall on 9. November.
"Crazy Car" Live @ Seattle KEXP @ Iceland Airwaves '09
www.youtube.com/v/b9Zpl71RP2c&hl&fmt=18

New Album finished & released in the Spring of 2010
She recently finished recording her 2. Album, "Ókídókí" at Sigur Rós' Sundlaugin Studios with Kjartan Sveinsson as producer once again. The vocals are in English & Icelandic.
Ókídókí will be out in Spring 2010.
"Klara"
www.youtube.com/v/YXR1zeZmhic&hl&fmt=18

Ólöf Arnalds @ MySpace

3 ummæli:

Professor Batty sagði...

Við og Við has been on constantly my player since I brought it home from 12 Tónar... I saw her at Airwaves in 2006 and was blown away then, I am looking forward to the new release...

Wim Van Hooste sagði...

It didn't like it, I bought it some years ago because it was called album of the year. But I'll listen to the CD again.
I'm more into (loud) guitars & electronics, but I'll give it another try soon.
WVH

Professor Batty sagði...

It's pretty folky, and Ölóf's high voice is almost in Joni Mitchell territory, but I love Joni as well...